St John's College Chapel, Cambridge
Our inaugural concert proved to be seminal for us in various ways. We premiered 'For The Fallen' by Owain Park at the start of the programme, thus beginning our commitment to new music.
The programme also featured the work of two other contemporary British composers Philip Moore & Sir James MacMillan, paired with Pizzetti and Tavener as well the famous 'Negro Spirituals' from Tippett's A Child of our Time. Performed in anticipation of Remembrance Day 2016, it was through the lens of this emotionally charged aesthetic that our fresh, intense and powerful sound was born.
- For the Fallen (world premiere performance) - Owain Park
- Three Prayers of Dietrich Bonhoeffer - Philip Moore
- Five Spirituals from 'A Child Of Our Time' - Sir Michael Tippett
- Requiem aeternam & Kyrie from 'Requiem' - Ildebrando Pizzetti
- Tenebrae Responsories - Sir James MacMillan
- The Peace that surpasseth understanding - Sir John Tavener
The Beaufort Singers
Organ: Owain Park
Conductor: Joseph Wicks